Truck Accident Attorneys in West New York, New Jersey
The trucking industry generates more than $670 billion in revenue annually transporting goods across the nation. These benefits and earnings can, however, come at a cost, especially concerning roadway safety and the risk of commercial truck accidents. At Greenberg & Walden, LLC, our attorneys are tenaciously committed to representing those who have been harmed in truck accidents. We have more than 150 years of combined legal experience. Our firm is ready to put that experience to work by helping you recover the maximum compensation possible following the injuries you have sustained in a truck crash. Contact Greenberg & Walden, LLC today to learn how we can help.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident
If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident and are considering taking legal action, it is important to determine who is responsible for causing the accident. The facts and details surrounding your crash will reveal whether the truck driver and/or another party may be liable for the accident. Some evidence that helps determine whether the truck driver is at least one of the liable parties may be:
- Police reports – These may include law enforcement’s findings from their investigation, as well as additional evidence, such as accident scene photos and the contact information of any witnesses of the accident.
- Citations that were issued to the truck driver following the crash – These can prove that a trucker violated traffic laws in the course of the accident.
- The position of the truck and the other vehicle(s), as well as the nature of the damage – This can show the points of impact, possibly revealing exactly how a crash occurred.
- Tire tread marks on the road – These can indicate whether or not any involved driver tried to avoid the collision in the seconds before the crash.
- Data from electronic onboard recorders (EOBRs) – These records can reveal a lot about the truck’s operations and condition, highlighting details including how the truck was being handled immediately before the crash, when the truck was last maintained, and whether there were any equipment problems.
Who Else Could Be Liable for the Truck Crash?
Depending on the facts surrounding the accident, several other parties in addition to or instead of the truck driver could be held accountable. Some of these parties may include:
- Other motorists or roadway travelers (like pedestrians or cyclists)
- Motor carriers who employ the trucker or who own the involved truck
- Shippers or brokers associated with cargo or haul
- Automotive equipment manufacturers
- Government entities
Pinpointing all liable parties in a truck accident will help ensure you recover the maximum compensation available. Although no amount of compensation can ever undo permanent losses caused by serious truck accidents, the compensation from these cases can help you move forward with your life.
Contact a Hudson County Accident Attorney
Whether you were involved in a falling cargo accident, a jackknifed truck accident, a rollover, or a runaway trailer accident, Greenberg & Walden, LLC is here to help. We are ready to work closely with you to understand your case and needs – and to help you devise innovative, effective solutions to achieve your goals. The legal team at Greenberg & Walden, LLC will handle all the necessary filing and building to swiftly resolve your case. As you seek treatment for your injuries and concentrate on rebuilding your life, you can rely on our team of experienced attorneys to preserve your rights, explain your legal options, and guide you through each step of the claims process. Contact our office today to discuss your case.