The aftermath of a personal injury accident is often overwhelming and frightening. In many cases, injured parties can be deterred from pursuing legal action as a result. However, it is important to remember that personal injury attorneys exist to take the reigns in these situations. An experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney can guide you through these matters to recover compensation for any damages. While this is true, being prepared for a meeting with the attorney can go a long way for a successful claim. Continue reading below to learn more.
What Should I Bring to my First Meeting?
When going into an initial consultation with a personal injury attorney, it can be helpful to provide them with the proper information about the case. This can include various documentation and evidence about the accident and the injuries sustained. Some pieces of evidence may need an attorney to obtain, while others are more simple and can be brought in by the injured party. This can include:
- Pictures or videos of the accident
- Medical documents outlining the origin and extent of your injuries
- Police reports filed at the scene of the accident
- Your health insurance information
- Your auto insurance information, if applicable
- The contact information of any witnesses to the accident, including business cards, phone numbers, emails
- Any expenses you have undertook as a result of the accident, such as lost wages or hefty medical bills
Will my Attorney Ask me Other Questions?
Every personal injury case is different from one another. It is because of this that the questions that are asked during a first meeting can vary. However, there are certain questions that can be expected regarding the details of the incident. This can include where it happened and why the injured party wants to recover compensation. It can also include the following:
- How did the accident happen?
- How are you feeling now?
- Are you currently employed?
- Were you involved in an accident in the past? Was it your fault?
- Have you contacted yours or the negligent party’s insurance company regarding the accident?
Contact our Firm
We understand the implications of a serious accident. If you believe you were injured due to another party’s negligence, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced firm. We are more than willing to help you recover the compensation you need to get your life back on track. Our personal injury specialists at Greenberg & Walden, LLC are standing by for a free initial consultation. Call us at 201-528-6928.