Jersey City Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
The exhilaration and sense of adventure that comes with riding a motorcycle can present some serious risks to riders, especially when they are involved in traffic accidents.
In fact, as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports, motorcyclists are about 27 times more likely to be killed in traffic accidents (when compared to the occupants of motor vehicles).
Whenever riders are hurt in accidents, they can turn to the experienced Jersey City motorcycle accident lawyers at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC for answers about their recovery options – and for exceptional representation and essential guidance moving forward.
Call (201) 528-6928 or Email Us
for a Free Consultation & Important Information about Your Legal Options
If you are unable to visit our office, we can travel to your location to discuss your potential claim and advise you of your options. We also offer Saturday appointments (upon request).
Who Is Liable for My Motorcycle Wreck?
Liability for a motorcycle accident will depend on the causes of that crash and, notably, the nature of the negligence that caused the wreck. With these liability determinations, please be aware that:
- One or more parties can share liability for a wreck – This can include multiple drivers, as well as parties who were not at the scene when the crash occurred (for instance, the manufacturer of faulty motorcycle parts can be liable if equipment failures contribute to wrecks).
- The facts and evidence associated with the crash will be key to pinpointing fault and liability – This can include anything from police reports and witness statements to tread marks on the street, accident scene photos and more.
- An injured rider CAN be entitled to compensation even if (s)he was partially to blame for the crash – As long as the rider is found to be less than 50 percent at-fault for a wreck, (s)he can be entitled to compensation under New Jersey’s negligence laws. In these cases, the recovery for the rider who was partly at fault would be reduced in direct portion to his or her level of fault. So, if the rider is found to be 15 percent at fault, compensation for the claim would be reduced by 15 percent.
- You do NOT have to make these determinations alone – An attorney at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC can go over all of the facts of your crash and identify all parties who are liable.
What Should I Do after a Motorcycle Crash?
The things you do after a motorcycle accident may impact your rights to compensation when it is time to pursue a claim later. Generally speaking, whenever possible, it can be important to do the following immediately after a wreck:
- Call 911 so police respond to the scene.
- Seek medical treatment ASAP (and get all necessary follow-up care).
- Take photos of the damage, visible injuries and greater accident scene. If weather or road conditions may have been a factor, try to include these aspects of the scene in the photos.
- Report the facts – and only the facts – of the crash to your insurance provider.
- Contact Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC for a free, no obligations consultation.
Is There Anything I Should Avoid Doing after a Motorcycle Wreck?
Yes. After a crash, doing certain things can hurt your rights to compensation. Consequently, you should generally NOT:
- Put off seeking medical treatment, even if you think the injuries are minor – A doctor can diagnose, document and treat your injuries. This documentation can be important to proving the harm caused by the crash later.
- Admit fault or apologize for the crash – These statements, whether given to other involved motorists, police or an insurance company, can be used to blame you for crash and limit or fully deny you of compensation.
- Rely on insurance companies to help you through the process – After a crash, insurers are not your advocate. They are typically fixated on protecting their employer’s profits by avoiding or limiting payouts for claims. Counting on insurers to guide and protect you in the claims process can subvert your case and recovery.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me with a Motorcycle Accident Case?
A Jersey City motorcycle accident attorney at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC can take care of everything essential to crafting you a strong claim and helping you bring it to a successful outcome.
Though we always customize our service and representation to fit our clients’ cases, needs and goals, generally speaking, our lawyers can provide invaluable assistance with motorcycle wreck cases by doing things like (but not restricted to):
- Carrying out additional investigations to determine all liable parties and gather additional evidence
- Overseeing all administrative work and needs associated with the case, including court documents and case deadlines
- Dealing and negotiating with insurance companies
- Reviewing any settlement offers
- Advocating your rights in and outside the courtroom
- Fighting tirelessly to help you achieve your objectives and the best possible resolutions.
Although compensation can never undo the permanent losses caused by serious motorcycle accidents, the recoveries from these cases can help victims rebuild their lives.
A Jersey City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC Is Ready to Help You Get on the Road to Recovery: Contact Us
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a motorcycle wreck, it’s time to contact a Jersey City motorcycle accident lawyer at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC. We have more than 150 years of combined legal experience, and we are ready to put our experience, knowledge and determination to work helping you seek compensation and justice.
Call (201) 528-6928 or email our firm for a free, no obligations consultation. Hablamos Español.
Astute, skillful and diligent, our attorneys are firmly committed to working closely with each of our clients in order to help them:
- Understand their options and what to anticipate as their case proceeds
- Make the claims process as smooth and efficient as possible
- Overcome their legal challenges through innovative, effective solutions.
Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC is founded on the principles of justice, honesty, integrity and service. Consequently, we are proud to represent accident victims and families from across New Jersey in various types of motorcycle accident claims.