Jersey City Truck Accident Attorneys
Central to the U.S. economy, the trucking industry generates more than $670 billion in revenue annually transporting goods across the nation. These benefits and earnings can, however, come at a cost, especially with regards to roadway safety and the risk of commercial truck wrecks.
At Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC, our Jersey City lawyers are tenaciously committed to representing those who have been harmed in truck accidents. We have more than 150 years of combined legal experience. We are ready to put that experience to work advocating your rights and helping you recover the maximum possible compensation if you or someone you love has been hurt in a truck crash.
Although no amount of compensation can ever undo the permanent losses caused by serious truck wrecks, the compensation from these cases can help victims rebuild their lives.
Call (201) 528-6928 or Email Us
for a Free Consultation & Important Information about Your Legal Options
If you are unable to visit our office, we can travel to your location to provide you with honest answers and clear legal advice regarding your potential claim. Saturday appointments are available (upon request).
Is the Truck Driver Liable for My Accident?
The facts and details surrounding your crash will reveal whether the truck driver and/or another party may be liable for the accident. Some evidence that could uncover whether the trucker may be at least one of the liable parties include:
- Police reports – These can detail the findings from law enforcement’s investigation while documenting other evidence (like accident scene photos and witnesses’ names and contact information).
- Citations that were issued the truck driver following the wreck – These can prove that a trucker violated traffic laws in the course of the accident.
- The position of the truck and the other vehicle(s), as well as the nature of the damage – This can show the point(s) of impact, possibly revealing exactly how a crash occurred.
- Tire tread marks on the road – These can indicate whether (or not) any involved driver tried to avoid the collision in the seconds before the crash.
- Data from electronic onboard recorders (EOBRs) – These records can reveal a lot about the truck’s operations and condition, highlighting details like (but not exclusive to) how the truck was being handled immediately before the crash, when the truck was maintained and whether there were any equipment problems.
Who Else Could Be Liable for the Truck Crash?
Depending on the facts surrounding the accident, a number of other parties (in addition to or instead of the trucker) could be liable. Some of these parties may include:
- Other motorists or roadway travelers (like pedestrians or cyclists)
- Motor carriers who employ the trucker or who own the involved truck
- Shippers or brokers associated with cargo or haul
- Automotive equipment manufacturers
- Government entities.
Pinpointing all of the parties who are liable for a truck accident will be crucial to assuring that victims’ claims are set up for the maximum recovery available.
How Do I Get a Truck Accident Case Started?
Contact Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC, and we can handle everything necessary for filing, building and resolving your case. As you seek treatment for your injuries and concentrate on putting your life back together, you can rely on our Jersey City attorneys to:
- Preserve your rights
- Identify and explain your options
- Guide you at each phase of the legal process, providing you with the highest quality representation in order to set your truck accident case up for success.
Our Jersey City lawyers are vastly experienced at handing all types of truck accident cases, including (but not restricted to) those pertaining to:
- Falling cargo accidents
- Jackknife truck accidents
- Runaway trailer accidents
- Underride collisions.
We are ready to work closely with you to understand your case and needs – and to help you devise innovative, effective solutions that can help you achieve your goals.
Contact a Jersey City Truck Accident Lawyer at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC
After a truck wreck, don’t hesitate to contact a Jersey City truck accident lawyer at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC. Shrewd, skilled and strategic, our attorneys can provide you with extraordinary representation, personal service and successful resolutions.
Call (201) 528-6928 or email our firm for a free, no obligations consultation. Hablamos Español.
Driven by the principles of justice, honesty and integrity, Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC is proud to provide extraordinary advocacy to accident victims and families from across New Jersey in various types of truck accident cases.