West New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Seeking justice and compensation can be the key to reclaiming your life after negligence has caused you harm. When it’s time to hold reckless and careless parties accountable for your injuries and losses, it is time to contact the skilled West New York personal injury lawyers at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC.
Empowered with more than 150 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys are committed to providing the highest quality representation to those who have been harmed by negligence.
We know how devastating personal injuries can be and how critical the right legal representation is when victims are ready to pursue justice and financial recoveries. That is why we are proud, dedicated advocates for the injured – and why we always work relentlessly to help our clients recover and secure successful resolutions.
We are ready to give you honest answers and essential legal advice regarding your potential claim. If you are unable to visit our office, we can travel to your location, and we offer Saturday appointments (upon request). Hablamos Español.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
The circumstances of your accident will determine whether you have a personal injury claim. A West New York lawyer at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC can give you a definitive answer during a free case evaluation. Generally speaking, however, an accident victim may have a personal injury claim if or when:
- The negligence of another party has injured the victim, resulting in physical harm and financial losses.
- The statute of limitations for the claim has not expired – This time limit for filing cases varies by state. New Jersey law provides a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases, meaning these claims must be filed within two years of:
- The date on which the accident occurred; OR
- The date on which the injuries were discovered or resulted in death.
In the event that negligence causes deadly accidents and injuries, surviving loved ones can also have a personal injury case (in the form of a wrongful death claim).
How Soon Do I Have to File My Personal Injury Claims?
Filing a personal injury case as soon as possible is generally recommended so that:
- The statute of limitations does not expire before victims have the opportunity to seek financial recovery.
- More evidence for a claim, like photos or witness statements, is available.
- There is minimal opportunity for a defendant to try to undercut the claim (like by arguing that the injuries were caused by some event that occurred after the accident associated with the claim).
Will My Case Go to Trial?
How your claim proceeds – and how it will be resolved – will depend on the details of your case. Typically, personal injury cases can:
- Be resolved before trial when adequate settlements can be worked out – This tends to be an option when plaintiffs have strong claims, when defendants want to avoid the cost or publicity of trial and/or when punitive damages may be on the line.
- Go to trial when pre-trial negotiations fail – In some cases, battling it out in court can be necessary to helping victims obtain the full recovery they deserve.
What Types of Damages Can Be Included in a Personal Injury Settlement?
Although damages for personal injury claims will vary by case, awards for these claims can include compensation for (but not limited to):
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering.
Punitive damages, though rare, can also be on the table when a case involves outrageous negligence or when a defendant has a history of acting with negligence.
Though compensation can never undo the permanent losses caused by horrific accidents, the recoveries from these cases can help victims rebuild their lives.
How Do I Start a Personal Injury Claim?
Just contact Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC, and our lawyers will take care of everything necessary to initiate and resolve your claim (after discussing the details with you and learning more about your needs and legal objectives).
At Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC, we understand that injured people and families need to focus on getting medical care and healing in the aftermath of an accident. Consequently, we are committed to handling all aspects of the legal claim and financial recovery. Let us tell you more about how we can help you during a free, no obligations consultation.
Contact a West New York Personal Injury Lawyer at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC
If another’s negligent or reckless actions have harmed you or someone you love, a West New York personal injury lawyer at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC is ready to explain your legal options and help you seek the compensation and justice you may deserve.
Call (201) 528-6928 or email our firm for a free, no obligations consultation to find out more about your rights, your potential claim and what to anticipate moving forward.
Shrewd, skilled and determined, our attorneys are focused on providing extraordinary representation, personal service and successful resolutions. As part of this commitment, our clients can always count on us to:
- Work closely with them at every phase of their case
- Make the claims process as smooth and efficient as possible
- Help them overcome their legal challenges through innovative solutions that are tailored to their unique needs and goals.
Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC represents injured people and families from across New Jersey in various types of personal injury claims. Hablamos Español.
About West New York
The Town of West New York, New Jersey is located in the northeastern part of the state in Hudson County. Home to more than 49,000 residents, West New York spans less than 1.5 square miles, making it one of the most densely populated municipalities in the nation (and world).
West New York is bordered North Bergen, Union City, Guttenberg and the Hudson River, a region commonly referred to as “NoHu” (North Hudson). This area is known for its diversity and thriving artistic community.
As a key site in various historical events dating back to the colonial period, West New York is among the oldest settlements in New Jersey. At least half of the town’s streets are named for former U.S. Presidents.