When it comes to a divorce, there are certain behaviors that can impact the divorce proceedings. Read on to learn more about dating during a divorce and some of the other behaviors to avoid.
Dating During a Divorce- What Could go Wrong?
Dating during a divorce may seem innocent, but it can have serious repercussions. For example, if your spouse files on the grounds of adultery, dating someone during the divorce proceedings may be used as evidence of adultery. Additionally, bringing new romantic interests around your children can be seen as creating an unhealthy or unstable environment. This can have negative impacts when it comes to determining custody arrangements.
What Behavior Should I Avoid During a Divorce?
If you are getting divorced, you should be sure to avoid the following behaviors:
- Keeping things from your attorney
- Posting anything on social media that can be used against you
- Withholding visitation from your spouse for their failure to make child support payments
- Moving out of state with your children
- Bringing a new significant other around your children or the court hearings
- Getting pregnant or get anyone pregnant
- Removing your children from their current school
- Buying real estate or any extravagant items while the divorce is pending
- Selling property without the court’s permission
- Sending mean or negative emails, texts, messages, etc. to your spouse
- Increasing your debt while the divorce is pending
- Giving large contributions to anyone during the proceedings
- Discussing the case with your children or use them as intermediaries
- Criticizing your spouse in front of your children
If you have any questions or concerns about the divorce process in New Jersey, our firm is here to help. Reach out today to speak with an experienced divorce attorney.
Contact our Firm
We understand how emotional and difficult matters of family law can be. If you need the assistance of a knowledgeable attorney to help protect your right to your family, please do not hesitate to contact our experienced firm. We are eager and dedicated to helping you through this difficult time. Our personal injury specialists at Greenberg & Walden, LLC are standing by for a free initial consultation. Call us at 201-528-6928