Jersey City Wrongful Death Lawyers
Your life will change forever after you lose a loved one. While that can be incredibly difficult to deal wih, knowing the death could have been prevented can be devastating.
After any type of negligence causes fatal injuries, the Jersey City wrongful death lawyers at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC will be ready to help families fight for the justice and financial recoveries they deserve.
We acknowledge that monetary awards can never reverse or make up for the death of a loved one. However, we have seen how financial recoveries from these cases can help families begin to heal and restore their lives. That is why we are tirelessly dedicated to building our clients solid wrongful death claims and bringing these claims to successful resolutions.
Call (201) 528-6928 or Email Us
for a Free Consultation & Important Information about Your Legal Options
We are ready to provide you with honest answers and clear legal advice regarding your potential claim. We can travel to your location if you are unable to visit our office, and we offer Saturday appointments (upon request).
What Constitutes a Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death is a legal term describing a death that has resulted from negligence. When another party’s negligent actions cause fatal injuries, wrongful death cases can be filed in civil court to:
- Hold the negligent party (or parties) accountable
- Seek compensation for the surviving loved ones’ suffering and losses.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Case?
In New Jersey, the spouse, children and/or other dependents of the decedent can file a wrongful death case within two years of the date of death. Following the two-year period, the statute of limitations expires. Claims filed after this can be dismissed or barred.
What Are Survival Actions?
Similar to wrongful death claims, survival actions are civil actions seeking financial recovery following death. Survival actions are different, however, in that they:
- Are filed by the decedent’s estate, rather than a specific individual – Consequently, awards from these claims are paid out to the estate, not directly to a loved one.
- Seek damages for the pain, lost wages, medical bills and suffering experienced by the decedent from the time of injury until the time of death – In effect, this means that survival actions are focused on recovering for the decedent’s losses, rather than a surviving loved one’s loves.
What Type of Damages Are Available for Wrongful Death Claims?
Compensation for wrongful death cases can include damages for (but possibly not limited to):
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of future income (that would have been earned if the death had not occurred)
- Funeral and burial costs.
The lawyers at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC have extensive experience handling various types of survival actions and wrongful death claims, including those arising from:
Contact a Jersey City Wrongful Death Attorney at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC
A Jersey City wrongful death attorney at Greenberg, Walden & Grossman, LLC is ready to explain your legal options and help you seek the compensation and justice you may deserve.
Call (201) 528-6928 or email our firm for a free, no obligations consultation. Hablamos Español.
Strategic, astute and relentless, our attorneys are focused on providing exceptional representation, personal service and successful resolutions.
As part of our commitment to our clients, we always strive to:
- Work closely with our clients at every phase of their case
- Keep them informed and be responsive to their inquiries
- Help them navigate the legal process as successfully and efficiently as possible.
We are dedicated to upholding the principles of justice, honesty, integrity and service, and we are proud to represent injured people and families from across New Jersey in various types of wrongful death and personal injury claims.