Personal Injury Attorneys in West New York, NJ
When accidents cause physical and psychological injuries, a personal injury claim can be an effective way for victims to hold the negligent parties liable while seeking compensation. The experienced legal team at Greenberg & Walden, LLC can efficiently represent injured people and families in various types of personal injury claims across New Jersey, including our local neighbors in Edgewater, Harrison, Hoboken, Jersey City & Weehawken from our office in West New York. Known for our honesty, integrity, and commitment to justice, our attorneys are ready to work closely with you, provide you with quality legal representation and help you obtain the financial compensation you need. We are happy to provide you with honest answers and clear legal advice regarding your potential claim. If you need an attorney who is ready to fight for you, contact Greenberg & Walden today to schedule a consultation.
Hudson County Personal Injury Attorneys | Fighting for Your Rights
There is nothing worse than being severely injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. Unfortunately, this is something that happens to countless individuals in New Jersey and throughout the United States every single day. Our job is to fight, tooth-and-nail, for the compensation wrongfully injured individuals need to get back on their feet again, and we take pride in it. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you can depend on the Hudson County personal injury attorneys right here at Greenberg & Walden, LLC to be your staunch advocates through every step of the legal process ahead.
Our Legal Services
Being seriously injured in an accident can be devastating. Although we acknowledge that permanent losses will never be changed by monetary awards, we know that the financial recoveries from personal injury claims can be essential to your overall recoveries and future. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, we are ready to help. Some of the many auto accident cases we handle include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- NJ Transit accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Bicycle accidents
If you have been seriously injured by the negligence of a property owner, you may also be eligible to recover compensation. Greenberg & Walden, LLC has over 150 years of combined experience with the following premises liability matters:
- Apartment accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Stairwell accidents
- Sidewalk accidents
- Supermarket accidents
Our firm proudly handles a variety of other personal injury matters, including:
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof
After sustaining an injury in an accident, it is critical that the wrongfully injured party take action to document the incident so he or she can have a successful future personal injury claim. After an accident, you should try and take the following steps:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident. The police will write up an accident report regarding the facts surrounding the incident, and they will also send an ambulance to the scene.
- Ask any witnesses of your accident for their contact information, as they may corroborate your personal injury claim at a later date. Witness testimony is among the best ways to satisfy the burden of proof in a personal injury claim.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including any property damage that was caused as a result of the accident. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you should take pictures of the unsafe property conditions that caused you to slip and fall.
- Seek medical treatment immediately, even if you do not feel particularly hurt. In many cases, injuries will take a couple of days to set in, which is why it is always best to be proactive and simply seek medical assistance the day of your accident. You can also use the medical documentation associated with your injury to aid your injury claim.
- Ensure that you speak with the knowledgeable Hudson County personal injury attorneys here at Greenberg & Walden, LLC as soon as you can. Our firm can work to obtain all other evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf, such as security camera footage of your accident as it occurred.
Statute of Limitations
In New Jersey, the statute of limitations is two years. This means that you have two years from your accident to file a personal injury claim. Do not waste time. Hire one of our experienced attorneys who will tenaciously fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys will help you obtain all the evidence you need to have a strong personal injury claim. Some of this evidence may include, though is not limited to, security camera footage, medical documents, police reports, witness statements, and more. Generally, security camera/video footage is the best way to prove your claim, for obvious reasons, though several other modes of proof can be sufficient if presented in the right way. We are aware of the unfortunate fact that serious injuries can set you back months, or even years financially. Do not wait, and do not let insurance companies take advantage of your situation. Our firm is honored to represent you and help you get your life back on track.
Contact a Hudson County Injury Attorney
Our firm has been the right choice for decades. You must consult with one of our attorneys as soon as possible if you need a personal injury attorney. When you need a legal team that has what it takes to stand up to the party that caused you to become seriously injured, contact Greenberg & Walden, LLC today.